Saturday, December 15, 2007

What Soldiers used to wear long time ago..

This picture was taken in Korea during the
summer of 2007.
I was visiting a Korean Traditional Village that had been preserved for the tourists.

There are a lot of Traditional style of contructions and houses in the village.

In Korea, we have many dramas and TV shows that are about our history.

And when they film the shows, they usually
come here and make the shows because
the background or setting looks like the old age
(long time ago).

And as visiting I met a crew that were there to make films. So, I asked one of them to let me take a picture of him.
And that's him. right here.
This is the costume that Korean soldiers had worn until Western civilization came in to Korea about 100~120 years ago.
This costume is for common soldiers and there are better ones for
higher soldiers such as generals. (I don't think I have them with me now..)

The soldiers wear pants before they wear long sort of coat outside. So they are not wearing a long dress. ok? Have you seen his feet yet? Those shoes are what common people used to wear long time ago because they didn't have enough other fabrics but rice straws. Since Koreans' main dish has been rice and they have produced rice a lot, they had tons of straws, and they could make shoes out of them.

Interesting... right?

No comments: